Opening of municipal libraries in the City of Gaspé:
The municipal libraries of the City of Gaspé are adapting! Here is the procedure for borrowing books.
In order to comply with the sanitary rules issued by governments and Public Health, measures have been implemented in all our libraries.
Unless otherwise specified, subscribers are allowed to move around in the shelves, on condition that they comply with the health instructions in force. These are dictated by the Directorate of Public Health.
MEASURES IMPLEMENTED IN MUNICIPAL LIBRARIES
1. FOR OUR SUBSCRIBERS:
- Wearing a mask is compulsory;
- Use the disinfectant liquid for the hands on entry and exit;
- Observe signs in traffic areas
- Maintain a distance of 2 meters between individuals.
1.1 OTHER SPECIAL MEASURES:
- Transparent partitions are installed at the service counters;
- Individual space and movement markers are clearly identified on the ground;
- Any returned volume is placed in isolation for 24 hours in accordance with the recommendations of the authorities;
- Hygiene measures are in place to effectively maintain materials, equipment and surfaces.
2. VARIOUS SERVICES FOR USERS:
- Access to the collections: it is possible to choose and reserve volumes as well as to request interlibrary loan (ILL);
- Loan counter: the subscriber is invited to scan their card and books themselves. Note that you must bring your own bag.
- Falling pounds : some of our libraries are equipped with a book chute, which is accessible at all times. Please put the books in a bag to facilitate the work of the volunteers.
- ILL request: the request can be made by phone, on site during opening hours or online. The form is available here: http://ville.gaspe.qc.ca/services-municipaux/loisirs-et-culture/bibliotheques
- Settlement of payments: it is necessary to have in hand the cash amount for the payment of the fees of $ 2 for the interlibrary loan (ILL) and for the novelties.
- Digital catalog: To take advantage of our many online resources, consult the Biblio GÎM Network catalog: https://www.reseaubibliogim.qc.ca/fr/livres-et-ressources-numeriques
THE LOOK OF PAPERBOOK IN 4 STEPS:
1. I CHOOSE MY BOOKS
The libraries of the City of Gaspé offer a great variety of books of all kinds.
Go to the BIBLIO GIM Network catalog to select up to 5 volumes per subscription:https://www.reseaubibliogim.qc.ca/fr/catalogues
2. I BORROW MY BOOKS
Ordering books allows you to have your volumes prepared in advance. It's a fast, contactless way to borrow money. Two options are available to you :
At any time, you can complete the form available on the website of the City of Gaspé in the "Paper book order form" section. Each request will be processed by the library concerned.
Contact your local library directly according to the schedule.
To find out the opening hours of the library closest to you, see the "Library Hours" section.
3. I COLLECT MY BOOKS
- You will be notified by email or phone that you can pick up your volumes in the library. It is important to wait until you receive this notice before going to the scene.
- You must arrive during library opening hours.
- The subscriber must have the cash amount for the payment of the $ 2 fee for interlibrary loan (ILL) and new releases.
4. I RETURN MY BOOKS
- In all libraries, the return of books can be done during opening hours.
- Some of our libraries are equipped with a book chute for returning volumes (libraries in Rivière-au-Renard, Cap-aux-Os and Alma-Bourget-Costisella in Gaspé);
- Books should not be disinfected at home. Doing so may alter them and you may be charged a fee. Only the library's team of volunteers manages this operation;
- Upon return, the volumes are quarantined for 24 hours.
The City of Gaspé would like to thank the users of the seven libraries in its territory for their patience, understanding and collaboration. It invites the population to stay on the lookout for novelties; As the current context is constantly evolving, updated information will be regularly distributed. We invite you to consult the libraries' Facebook pages to find out about the new features.