To the qualified voters entitled to have their name entered on the referendum list of the municipality.
NOTICE is hereby given by the undersigned, Town clerk of « Ville de Gaspé »,
THAT at an extraordinary meeting held May 27, 2019, the Town council has adopted the following By-Law :
1394-19 : « Décrétant DES DÉPENSES EN IMMOBILISATIONS (CONSTRUCTION DE BÂTIMENTS) ET UN EMPRUNT DE 800 000 $ »
THAT the qualified voters entitled to have their name entered on the referendum list of the municipality on the date of May 27, 2019, if it concerns natural or legal persons satisfying the requirements of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities may demand that By-Law be submitted to a referendum poll according to the same law. The persons qualified to vote on the By-Law in question will have access to a register open for that purpose from nine (9) hours to nineteen (19) hours on June 10 and 11, 2019, a the Town clerk’s office, at the Town Hall in order to enter their name, address and occupation together with their signature.
CONDITIONS TO BE A QUALIFIED VOTER ENTITLED TO HAVE HIS NAME ENTERED ON THE REFERENDUM LIST OF THE MUNICIPALITY
A person who, on May 27, 2019, is not disqualified from voting according to article 524 of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities and meets the following requirements:
- a natural person domiciled in the municipality and, since at least six months, in Québec and
- is of full age and a Canadian citizen, and not under curatorship.
The non resident sole owner of an immoveable or non resident sole occupant of a business place situated in the municipality who is not disqualified from voting and meets the following requirements:
- is the owner of an immoveable or sole occupant of a business place situated in the municipality since at least 12 months;
- in the case of a natural person, be of full age and Canadian citizen and not under curatorship.
The non resident undivided co-owners and non resident co-occupants of a business place situated in the municipality not disqualified from voting and meet the following requirements:
- is the undivided co-owner of an immoveable or co-occupant of a business place situated in the municipality since at least 12 months;
- is designated by means of a power of attorney signed by a majority of the persons who are co-owners or co-occupants since at least 12 months, as the one who has the right to sing in their name and to be entered on the referendum list of the municipality. This power of attorney must be produced before or at the signature time.
- have designated by resolution among its members, directors or employees, a person who, on May 27, 2019, and at voting time, is of full age and Canadian citizen, is not under curatorship and is not disqualified to vote.
THAT the persons qualified to vote on the By-Law in question must establish their identity to the responsible person for the register, by presenting, among others: a health-insurance card issued by the Québec Health Insurance Board, a driver’s permit issued by the Québec Automobile Insurance Society, a Canadian passport, an identity card of the Canadian armed forces, a certificate of Indian status.
THAT the number of applications needed in order that a referendum poll be held for this By-Law is 1 211 and failing this number, the concerned By-Law will be deemed approved by the qualified voters.
THAT the qualified voters may examine this By-Law at the office of the undersigned from 8 h 15 am till 12 h and from 1 h till 4 h 30 pm from Monday till Thursday, and from 8 h 15 am till 12 h on Friday, and during registration hours.
THAT the result of this registration procedure will be announced on June 11, 2019, at 7 pm, at the office of the undersigned, 25, rue de l’Hôtel-de-Ville in Gaspé.
GIVEN at Gaspé, June 5, 2019.