TO ALL INTERESTED PERSONS WHO ARE ENTITLED TO SIGN AN APPLICATION TO TAKE PART TO A REFERENDUM
second draft 1172-12-11 (adopted on November 4, 2019)
modifying the Conditional use by-law
NOTICE is hereby given that, following the public consultation meeting which was held on (November 4, 2019), the municipal Council of "Ville de Gaspé" has accepted by resolution, on November 4, 2019 a second draft of by-law 1172-12-11 modifying the Conditional use by-law. This second draft may be subject to an application made by interested persons from the concerned zone and of the contiguous zones, to require that a by-law be submitted for their approval, in accordance with the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities.
- PURPOSE OF AN APPLICATION TO TAKE PART TO A REFERENDUM
1.1 An application relating to the following provision of the second draft :
- « Ajoutant l’article 2.14 DISPOSITIONS APPLICABLES POUR L’USAGE* D’UN ATELIER DE CONDITIONNEMENT DU GIBIER DANS LA ZONE* RT‑284»
Such an application is to require that the by-law containing the provision to which it applies be submitted for the approval of the qualified voters in the zone to which applies this application, and in any contiguous zone from which a valid application originates. However any contiguous zone who has made an application will participate at the referendum approval only if the application also originates of the zone to which it is contiguous.
may originate from the RT-284 zone and from any zone contiguous to it.
- LOCALIZATION OF THE CONCERNED ZONE
The concerned zone RT-284.
- VALIDITY OF AN APPLICATION
To be valid, an application to take part to a referendum must :
- state clearly the disposition to which the application refers;
- indicate the zone from which the application originates;
- be signed by at least 12 interested persons of the zone from which it originates, if there are more than 21 interested persons in that zone, or, otherwise, by the majority of the interested persons;
- be received by the Town clerk office at the town hall no later than November 21, 2019.
- INTERESTED PERSONS WHO ARE ENTITLED TO SIGN AN APPLICATION
An interested person is a person of full age, Canadian citizen and not under curatorship who, on the date of adoption of the second draft, which is November 4, 2019, is not disqualified from voting and meets one of the following requirements :
- is domiciled in a zone from which an application may originate and who has been domiciled in Québec for at least 6 months;
- is the owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business place situated on such a zone since 12 months at least.
- LACK OF APPLICATIONS
Should there be no valid applications relating to the provisions of the second draft, the said provisions may be then included in a by-law which will not have to be submitted for the approval of the qualified voters.
- CONSULTATION OF THE DRAFT
The second draft of by-law is available for consultation at the Clerk’s office at the Town Hall during regular work hours, that is from 8 h 15 A.M. till 12 h and from 1 h till 4 h 30 P.M, Monday till Thursday, and from 8 h 15 A.M. till 12 h on Friday.
Given in Gaspé, November 13, 2019.