To the qualified voters entitled to have their name entered on the referendum list of the following sector of the municipality: ward number 6, (Sandy-Beach, York, Haldimand and Douglastown) and according to the following sketch :
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given by the undersigned, Clerk of Ville de Gaspé, that at a regular sitting held behind closed doors and by videoconference on December 21, 2020, the Town Council has adopted the following By-Law:
1440-20 CRÉANT UNE RÉSERVE FINANCIÈRE AU PROFIT DU QUARTIER NUMÉRO 6 POUR UNE SOMME DE 21 000 $ EN 2021
THAT by virtue of decree 2020-033 of May 7, 2020, taken in the context of the health emergency declaration ordered by the government, any procedure for the registration of qualified voters applied under Chapter IV of Title II of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities can be replaced by a procedure for receiving written requests for a 15-day referendum poll.
THAT the persons qualified to vote on this By-Law on the date of December 21, 2020, and who have therefore the right to demand that this By-Law be submitted to a referendum poll. A demand must be done by writing and have the followings informations:
- The By-law number or the By-law title who’s in the object of the demand;
- The name, address and the capacity of the person qualified to vote, and with their signature.
It is possible to make a demand for a referendum poll by using the available form following this public notice.
This request must be accompanied with a copy of one of those following identity pieces : a health-insurance card issued by the Québec Health Insurance Board, a driver’s permit or a temporary permit issued by the Québec Automobile Insurance Society, a Canadian passport, an identity card of the Canadian armed forces, a certificate of Indian status.
In the case that the name of the person is not on the list of the qualified voters entitled to have their name entered on the referendum list of the entire municipality, the request must also be accompanied by a document attesting to his right to be registered there.
The demands should be received by January 15, 2021, at the following address e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All person who assist another person qualified to vote who’s unable to sign by-herself the demand must register:
- His name;
- his relationship with the person qualified to vote (spouse, parent or other);
- if the person entitled to vote is neither a parent nor a spouse, a written declaration that he did not assist another person who is not a parent or a spouse during the procedure referendum poll request;
- a statement that she assisted the person qualified to vote;
- his signature;
THAT the number of applications needed in order that a referendum poll be held for this By-Law is 334 and failing this number, the concerned By-Law will be deemed approved by the qualified voters.
THAT the result of this registration procedure will be publish at 9 am, on January 18, 2021 on the website of the city of Gaspé under the section of public notices.
THAT the qualified voters may examine this By-Law on the website of the city of Gaspé to the following address ville.gaspe.qc.ca/ or a copy could be obtain by e-mail at the town clerk’s e-mail address mention before.
IS A QUALIFIED VOTER OF THE MUNICIPALITY
A person who, on December 21, 2020, is not disqualified from voting according to article 524 of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities and meets the following requirements:
- a natural person domiciled in the municipality and, since at least six months, in Québec and
- is of full age and a Canadian citizen, and not under curatorship.
The non resident sole owner of an immoveable or non resident sole occupant of a business place situated in the municipality who is not disqualified from voting and meets the following requirements:
- is the owner of an immoveable or sole occupant of a business place situated in the municipality since at least 12 months;
- in the case of a natural person, be of full age and Canadian citizen and not under curatorship.
The non resident undivided co-owners and non resident co-occupants of a business place situated in the municipality not disqualified from voting and meet the following requirements:
- is the undivided co-owner of an immoveable or co-occupant of a business place situated in the municipality since at least 12 months;
- is designated by means of a power of attorney signed by a majority of the persons who are co-owners or co-occupants since at least 12 months, as the one who has the right to sing in their name and to be entered on the referendum list of the municipality. This power of attorney must be produced before or at the signature time.
- have designated by resolution among its members, directors or employees, a person who, on December 21, 2020, and at voting time, is of full age and Canadian citizen, is not under curatorship and is not disqualified to vote.
To complete a demand concerning this public notice, more information could be obtain by contacting the town clerk service at 418-368-2104 extension 8504 or by e-mail at the following address Isabelle.email@example.com
DONE at Gaspé, December 31, 2020.
The Director of Legal Services and Town clerk