NOTICE is hereby given that the Town Council, at an ordinary meeting that will be held behind closed doors via technological mean of communication on June 7, 2021, at 7h30 pm, will consider the request for minor exemption from the land division By-Law 1157-11, presented by Mr Mathieu Vallée, for the company 9293-1005 Québec Inc., for a property constituted by lot 5 459 130, Cadastre du Québec.
The nature and consequences of this exemption are the following:
- the nature of the minor exemption is to increase of 42 % the percentage of street slope in accordance to the maximal percentage of 12% establish at the article 3.3 of the land division By-Law 1157-11;
- the minor exemption will have for consequence to permit the realisation of a project of housing development on the lot 5 459 130, cadastre du Québec, with a street slope of 17 % for the phase II of VALKA Housing Development.
THAT the following conditions also be added to the request for this minor exemption and respected:
- the street extension project must comply with report 107699-002 dated April 22, 2021 from Mr. Éric Côté, engineer at Norda Stelo;
2) ensure that the riprap of the ditches is carried out up to the height of the paved shoulders;
3) make sure that the following elements are carried out:
- development of storm water retention ponds;
- development of a ditch at the back of the lot accessible to the municipality to reduce the flow in the ditches of the street;
- the drainage of buildings and land must be done towards the backlot ditches;
- conservation and improvement of the roundabout located between the two phases of development.
Act respecting land use and development provides that any interested party may be heard by the municipal council when the latter must rule on a request for a minor exemption, but that currently, under ministerial order 2020-029 dated from April 26, 2020, the meetings of the municipal council can be held exceptionally behind closed doors during the state of health emergency;
By virtue of ministerial order 2020-049 dated July 4, 2020, any procedure other than a referendum which is part of the decision-making process of a municipal body and which involves the movement or gathering of citizens can be suspended if the council decides to replace the procedure with a 15 days written consultation announced beforehand by a public notice;
During the session of the municipal council which was held behind closed doors via technological mean of communication on May 3, 2021, the latter authorized, by resolution 21-05-036, the consultation in writing of the persons interested with regard to the request for minor exemption mentioned above in the minutes of the advisory planning committee, adopted by the town council by the resolution 21-05-036;
The municipal council, during the ordinary meeting to be held behind closed doors, Monday June 7, 2021, at 7:30 p.m., and broadcasted, via technological mean of communication, rule on this request for minor exemption;
Anyone interested in this minor exemption request may be heard by sending their comments in writing before May 28, 2021, 4:30 p.m., by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be transmitted to the municipal council before it decides on the request.
DONE at Gaspé, May 13, 2021.
The Director of Legal Services and town clerk