TO ALL INTERESTED PERSONS WHO ARE ENTITLED TO SIGN AN APPLICATION TO TAKE PART TO A REFERENDUM
Second draft 1156-11-51 (adopted on May 25, 2021)
amending the by-law 1156-11
NOTICE is hereby given that, following the writing consultation which was held from May 6 to May 21, 2021, the municipal Council of "Ville de Gaspé" has accepted by resolution, on May 25, 2021 a second draft of by-law 1156-11-51 amending the by-law 1156-11. This second draft contains provisions that may be subject to an application made by interested persons from anyone of the zones to which such provisions apply and of the contiguous zones, to require that a by-law containing these be submitted for their approval, in accordance with the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities.
1. PURPOSE OF AN APPLICATION TO TAKE PART TO A REFERENDUM
1.1 An application relating to the following provision of the second draft:
- « Modifiant les usages autorisés dans la zone CR-285 afin de permettre comme usage spécifiquement permis l’usage Vente au détail de cannabis et de produits du cannabis (5990) »;
Such an application is required that the by-law containing the provision to which it applies be submitted for the approval of the qualified voters in the zone to which applies this application, and in any contiguous zone from which a valid application originates. However any contiguous zone who has made an application will participate at the referendum approval only if the application also originates of the zone to which it is contiguous.
2. LOCALIZATION OF THE CONCERNED ZONES
This zone is located in the area of montée Sandy-Beach, and illustrated on the following sketch :
3. VALIDITY OF AN APPLICATION
To be valid, an application to take part to a referendum must:
- state clearly the provision of the second draft to which the application refers;
- indicate the zone from which the application originates;
- be signed by at least 12 interested persons of the zone from which it originates, if there are more than 21 interested persons in that zone, or, otherwise, by the majority of the interested persons;
- be received by the Town clerk office at the town hall no later than June 4, 2021, 4:30 pm.
Given the current circumstances and in compliance with the guidelines for social distancing, the City replaces the usual procedure for the transmission of a form with that of the written request by inviting interested persons to individually forward a request to the director of legal services and town clerk at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. This request must also contain a copy of the applicant's ID.
4. INTERESTED PERSONS WHO ARE ENTITLED TO SIGN AN APPLICATION
An interested person is a person of full age, Canadian citizen and not under curatorship who, on the date of adoption of the second draft, which is May 25, 2021, is not disqualified from voting and meets one of the following requirements:
- is domiciled in a zone from which an application may originate and who has been domiciled in Québec for at least 6 months;
- is the owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business place situated on such a zone since 12 months at least.
5. LACK OF APPLICATIONS
Should there be no valid applications relating to the provisions of the second draft, the said provisions may be then included in a by-law which will not have to be submitted for the approval of the qualified voters.
6. CONSULTATION OF THE DRAFT
The second draft of by-law is available, in French, for consultation in the document also attached to this notice.
We recommend you to consult the Service de l’Urbanisme to verify in which area your building is situated.
Given in Gaspé, May 27, 2021.
Director of legal services and town clerk